Acne Skin Say NO to 10 Habits
By/ Estival Life (13/6/2018)
Acne is not only found in teenagers, it’s also common among adults, especially during the hot wet summer. They may suddenly arise on your face and leave there for some days. Because of the popularity of acne, everyone of us may have 1 or 2 secret recipes to deal with it of either external application or intake. However we found that there’re a few common points, including some bad habits that many of us would usually commit.
Generally speaking, most people relate acne to inadequate skin cleansing. Yes, it may be true to some patients. However overly or incorrectly cleansing may cause the damage of sebum membrane and in turn skin’s imbalance of water and sebum. To best take care of the acne skin, please take note of the below mentioned 10 bad habits and avoid them all:
1) Use of face cleanser with SLS/SLES (SLS / SLES is a cheap chemical ingredients for generating foam widely added in personal care products like face cleanser, shampoo, liquid soap, tooth paste, etc. as well as industrial cleanser! As little as 1% of SLS can irritate scalp, tooth gum and skin while most of the popular products contain 10-30%. SLS can damage sebum membrane.)
2) Not thoroughly remove make-up and dirt (Leave make-up and chemical SPF on faces, e.g. do not cleanse faces before sleeping, or do not thoroughly cleanse the whole face, like leaving residues on the hair lines. The residue will clog the pores and easily cause acne.)
3) Wash faces a several times a day, other than morning and evening (Overly cleanse faces will irritate skin and worsen the acne problem.)
4) Scrub faces when washing (Same problem as frequent washing that it will irritate skin and may cause more severe acne problem. When removing make-up and cleansing faces, always gently massage the skin. After a fully day of busy life, it’s always good to apply BIOselect Soft Cleansing Milk on faces (including eye are) and neck and mildly massage in circular movement for 1 minute. This will not only thoroughly remove the make-up and impurities, but also enhance blood circulation. Meanwhile we also recommend your using of 100% cotton baby towel to wash face and weekly soak in diluted bleach water or disinfectant to keep it clean.)
5) Wash faces during showering (The hot water from shower and its force will irritate the face skin and dilate blood vessels. Meanwhile it will also spoil the sebum membrane and cause water loss and in turn dehydrate the skin. In the skin self-defence system, more sebum will thus be secreted and make the oily and acne skin even more oily.)
6) Use hot and cold water to wash face (Some people use hot water to wash face so as to open up the pores for better cleansing result and follow by cold water to shrink the pores. However the huge temperature difference will in fact irritate the skin, damage vessel and cause water loss.)
7) Incorrect choice and use of toner (You may know it’s better not to use toner with alcohol as it will dry your skin. But do you always think that toner is only for refreshing your skin or close your pores? In fact toner or tonic lotion carries several functions: remove the residue of make-up/impurities, restore the pH balance, shrink the pores, moisturize the skin and offers the freshening feeling. Many people tend to apply toner with hands so as not to “waste” it. But if so, the residue of dirt may stay. Thus we recommend you to use pure cotton to apply BIOselect Face Tonic Lotion by gently patting. Sage water as the active ingredient acts as a healing anti-inflammatory and mild, but therapeutic antiseptic. It can help soothe the acne problem.)
8) Lack of daily care of moisturizing (Many people with acne problem think that skin must always be dry to avoid acne. This is not very true! Oily, combination and acne skin must also be moisturized in order to maintain the water-oil balance. In reality, a lot of people got much sebum secretion due to dehydration. Most important of all is to choose a light face cream which can be absorbed by skin easily, not sticky and will not clog the pores. BIOselect Hydrating Day Cream for Oily & Mixed Skin is specially designed for oily and combination skin. Dictamelia*, grape* and rosemary* extracts offer antioxidant and mild astringent properties while the natural rice powder controls sebum secretion, leaving a fresh sensation and a matt appearance.)
9) Lack of deep cleansing and care (Apart from daily cleansing, weekly deep cleansing and care is also crucial. Apply BIOselect Face Scrub with olive pits once or twice a week to remove dead cells efficiently, wipe off sebum and cleanse pores, while Dictamelia, sage water and mallow extract soothe and protect the skin leaving it smooth and radiant. Follow by BIOselect Soothing Face Mask to soften and moisturize the tired and dull skin. The highly absorbent properties of white clay cleanse the skin gently and deeply removing the impurities. Dictamelia*, licorice* and aloe vera* extracts hydrate, soothe and calm the skin so it looks clarified and revitalized. In the next day, apply AVA ECO Revitalizing Self Absorbing Face Mask, which will provide skin optimal moisture level and intensive care.)
10) Too frequent or hard in scrubbing (Although scrubbing can remove dead skin cell, at most people should scrub one or twice a week. When scrubbing, it must be gentle and some scrub products suggest users to add water as lubricant. Scrub on dry skin would irritate skin and may cause damage. Scrubbing on acne skin must be on mild movement in order not to worsen the acne problem.)
Of course, to strive for acneless skin conditions, apart from avoiding the above mentioned bad habits and accompanying by the use of natural skincare products suitable for acne skin, there must be other good life style, like sleep and wake up early, drink adequate water, balance diet and sufficient sport activities. In case of severe acne problem, go consult dermatologist.
Oil control & Acne Care